Sunday, March 2, 2014

I Hate Talented People, Don't You?

While I plod along like Ol' Dobbin pulling a plow, my wife, Carol, has pushed her artistic boundaries beyond  anything she could have imagined or hoped for.

Just a few years ago she set her sights on becoming a fabric artist, an art quilter to be more precise.  Art quilts are just that, pieces of art to be hung and exhibited.   Her reputation for quality and originality has grown.  She regularly exhibits in a local gallery; her work hangs in homes from Ohio to Florida; she has even had work appear in a national quilting magazine.  And she's made dolls that have been snatched up by a local collector.

This past Christmas she asked me to buy her an on-line art class originating in England.  Just three months ago she could not draw a bead on a target, but today, well, I'll let you be the judge.  These are four of a series of whimsical gift cards, and no, I'm not shilling for her.   They're are not horses, but I think you'll enjoy them anyway.

Oh, and by the way, I'm really proud of her.


My Favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment